Pay Type: Exempt Department: Sales
Position ID: WORC.AE.111513 Dates Posted:: 11/15/13 to 12/31/13
Responsible for prospecting, developing and implementing radio and/or internet sales programs designed to maximize sales revenues and achieve revenue goals set forth by the company
- Sells advertising time/internet space and works with advertisers to help market themselves to the station’s listeners
- Coordinates all aspects of client radio advertising campaign including copy, production, billing, collections, remote broadcasts and event marketing
- Regularly meets with prospective and current clients to create and maintain sales relationships
- Develops new business in selected markets and/or geographic locations
- Assists with Collections and Accounts Receivable functions as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 1-2 years Outside Sales experience, preferably in a media environment
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices, customer needs, competition and market trends
- Excellent negotiating, verbal and written communications skills
- Computer literacy in applicable programs
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
Education and Licensing Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Must possess valid state drivers license
- May require lifting or moving up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Resumes must be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must reference Position ID: WORC.AE.111513 in the subject line.
For applicants needing assistance, resumes may be faxed to 508-770-1507
STREET TEAM (Entry Level)
Job Type: Promotions
Location: Worcester, MA
Contact (Apply) : Lindsay Bohigian, Promotions Director (Lindsay.Bohigian@cumulus.com)
Are you a college senior or post grad looking for your break-out role in radio? Eager to get into the biz? Here's your chance! Cumulus Media in Worcester, MA is looking for qualified part-time promotions/street team.
Street Team members will assist our 3 station cluster Promotions Department with daily operation, preparation and execution of station appearances, remotes, and special events. This is an entry level position with opportunity for growth.
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid state drivers license and a clean driving record
- Availability to work nights, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Ability to multi-task, think, and work independently and under pressure
- Ability to interact with management, sales, our listeners, and clients on a professional level
- Preferred 1-2 years experience in Radio Promotions or related field
- Excellent organizational skills
- Appropriate dress and demeanor required
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality
- Ability to operate simple audio equipment
- May require lifting or moving up to 40 lbs
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
*Cumulus Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer